Do you feel frustration at not being able to work on growing your business because you’re too busy working in it?
Often, as entrepreneurs, we unknowingly develop an attitude of “it’s quicker and easier to do it myself” – whilst this may be true in the short term, in the long term, this mindset will hold your business back. If you’re constantly distracted by answering calls and emails, dealing with customers and staff and putting out fires (figuratively speaking), then you simply can’t focus on the high-level, strategic work required to take your business to the next level.
If only we could clone ourselves, right?!
Unfortunately, science hasn’t granted us this wish yet. But whilst we wait for it to catch up, the best thing ambitious entrepreneurs can do is hire a virtual assistant!
Virtual assistants offer practical help with administrative, marketing and research tasks so that their clients can achieve more with their time. They are skilled professionals who bring a wealth of experience working in small businesses. Over time, they will get to know you and your business and become the closest thing you can get to a clone!
The question is, what would you do with another you? Here are some ideas!
- Visit an important potential client – a personal visit from you could be the difference between getting the business and losing it.
- Follow up with current clients – meeting them for lunch, a coffee or even just picking up the phone will make them feel valued and ensure they remain your loyal customer for years to come.
- Attend a networking event – the perfect way to meet new contacts, talk about your business and sow the seeds that will generate new business for the long term.
- Go to an inspirational seminar or conference – it could be just what you need to get your creative juices flowing, rediscover your passion and get new ideas for growth.
- Go to a fitness class – it’s easy to get burned out when you’ve got your nose to the grindstone, but delegating tasks could allow you to take control of your health and fitness again.
- Enjoy your weekends without having to work – when was the last time you actually joined your family for a fun day out? Everyone needs a bit of time off to recharge – with a VA it can happen!
- Take a much-needed holiday – this one’s a no-brainer!
Whatever you choose to do with the time you get back, one thing’s for sure, your business, your body and your family will thank you for hiring a VA!
So tell me, if you had another you, what would you do?! Leave me a comment!